The results of the 2012 Skytrax World Airline Awards, also known as the Travel Oscars, are out and this years results have gotten the competitive juices flowing between the airlines to see who comes in first. The awards are based on passenger satisfaction levels of both business and leisure travelers aboard more than 200 airlines. During a 10 month period, passengers were surveyed based on 38 different key performance indicators like the check-in and boarding process, cabin cleanliness, seat comfort, friendliness of airline staff, inflight entertainment, among others.
So without further ado, we bring the first place winners from a few of the award categories. If you would like to see the full list of winners you can find them here.
- Airline of the Year – Qatar Airways
- Best Inflight Entertainment – Emirates
- Best Transatlantic Airline – British Airways
- Best Economy Class – Singapore Airlines
- Best Economy Class Onboard Catering – Singapore Airlines
- Best Airline in Europe – Turkish Airlines
- Best Airline Airline in North America – Air Canada
- Best Airline Staff Service in Europe – KLM
- Best Airline Staff Service in North America – Virgin America
- Best Low Cost Airline in Europe – easyJet
- Best Low Cost Airline in North America – Virgin America