Chaotic, suffocating heat, but also welcoming and cosy, Bangkok, the capital of Thailand is one of those cities that changes you. You’ll find from quiet and spiritual temples to noisy and crowded markets. eDreams has selected the 25 best things to do in Bangkok. Write them down, they may turn your trip to Thailand into the perfect adventure.
1. Enjoy a delicious Pad Thai at Thip Samai (313 Th Maha Chai, Banglamphu). The best Pad Thai in Bangkok!
2. Spice it up and go see a Thai Boxing (Muay Thai) fight at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium.
3. Discover the beauty of the royal residence, the throne room and the temple of the Emerald Buddha at Grand Palace.
4. Treat yourself to a thai massage at the Foundation for the Employment Promotion of the Blind (2218/86 Chan Road, Chongnontri Yannawa). You’ll help a good cause and will feel like a whole new person! 🙂
5. Visit Wat Po, the cradle of Thai massage tradition, and its wonderful reclined Buddha.
6. Buy exotic fruits at Damnoen Saduak, a floating market, and discover their traditional commerce.
7. Immerse yourself in the buzzing area of the famous Khao San Road, a landmark in Bangkok for travellers from around the world.
8. If you have time, Kanchanaburi, the famous bridge over the river Kwai, is just a few hours away from Bangkok. The bridge was originally made of wood and was built by slaves to connect Thailand with Burma. It was replaced with steel in 1943.
9. Cruise around the city with a Mekhala (old rice ships) in Chao Phraya river.
10. Mingle with young Bangkokians in one of their countless malls in the capital.
11. The greenest area in Bangkok is at Lumphini park! Don’t be surprised if you bump into giant lizards.
12. Save some Bahts to spend at Chattuchak, the biggest market in Thailand (open on Fridays from 6pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 9am – 6pm).
Similar stories This could be interesting for you.