Vienna is a city full of charm, music, history and elegance, and just like any other destination, Austria’s capital has its own spectacular story to tell!
Follow us around the Austrian capital as we share with you our favorite locations, foods, drinks and pastimes in one of Europe’s imperial cities!
Here are 25 things to do in Vienna!
1. Go for a ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel.
Get a better view of the city from the Giant Ferris Wheel. If you have time, try out some of the other rides in the Prater amusement park. Some of them might be a bit outdated, but that’s part of their charm!
2. Walk around Stephansplatz.
Discover St. Stephen’s Cathedral, one of Vienna’s most impressive landmarks.
3. Visit Mumok: MUseum MOderner Kunst.
If you appreciate modern art, then you must visit Mumok. You won’t be sorry!
4. Explore Tiergarten Schönbrunn.
Spend the day walking around Tiergarten Schönbrunn, the world’s oldest zoo.
5. Wander around the magical grounds of the Schönbrunn Palace.
The gardens are so spectacular you won’t want to leave!
6. Enjoy a Viennese schnitzel with potato salad.
You can’t say you’ve experienced Vienna to the fullest until you’ve tried a Viennese schnitzel with potato salad. Figlmüller makes one of the best and biggest schnitzels in town.
7. Take it easy and enjoy a nice long walk on Donauinsel.
This is a must-see in Vienna, a small island in the Danube River. You can walk or ride a bike, whichever you choose, is a fun way to see this amazing part of Vienna.
8. Stop by Naschmarkt.
This is Vienna’s most eclectic market, where you can try some local produce. It’s a great place to have lunch.
9. Have a Wiener Melange at Café Central while enjoying a live classical music performance.
The Wiener Melange is a coffee similar to a cappuccino. Café Central has seen famous people such as Freud.
10. Hop on a tram.
Get a glimpse of Vienna’s most monumental buildings as you go around Ringstrasse.
11. Cocktails, loud music, flashing lights and dancing await you in Copa Cagrana!
Copa Cagrana has a lively atmosphere at night and you can drink at cheap prices!
12. Go on a guided tour around the premises of UNO City.
If you are curious to find out more about the ONU, this is a good idea. Vienna has one of the four headquarters of the ONU, which goal is to guarantee human rights and peace.
13. Head over to Hotel Sacher for a piece of Sacher cake.
It’s true many cafes around the world have this dessert on their menu, but none taste as good as the original!
14. People watch and relax in Stadtpark.
It’s a great place to meet locals and get the inside scoop on what to do and see, as well as which events to attend.
15. Catch a glimpse of the Rathaus at night.
It’s truly breathtaking!
16. Have lunch at a traditional Heurigen (tabern) in Grinzing.
Order some of their local wine with some sparkling water – it goes well with anything!
17. Rent a paddle boat.
The best thing to do on a sunny Saturday afternoon is to rent a paddle boat and explore Alte Donau.
18. Gasometer is the place to go if you love live music.
This space hosts some of the funkiest concerts in town.
19. Enjoy a long walk in the Lainzer Tiergarten.
This is Vienna’s wildest park, where deer and wild boar roam free!
20. Wander around Graben und Kärnten.
Those are two of Vienna’s most popular central streets. Here you’ll find some of the trendiest boutiques and cafés in town.
21. An ice-cream at Zanoni-Zanoni is a must!
It might not be Austrian, but it’s still delicious.
22. Visit the Butterfly House.
You’ll feel like you’ve been teleported someplace exotic!
23. Shopping? Mariahilferstrasse!
Mariahilferstrasse is a bit like London’s Oxford Street… shops, shops, and more shops!
24. Stop by Vienna’s oldest market place.
The Hoher Markt is the oldest market place. You can see the famous Anker Clock by Franz von Matsch.
25. Admire colorful structures scattered around Vienna.
Ever heard of Hundertwasser, the architect with the quirky buildings? You’ll find several of his colorful structures scattered around Vienna.
Start planning ahead and discover the latest travel tips and deals for your next trip!