Having been recently selected to host the 2020 Olympic Games, Tokyo is one of the trendiest cities today. Delicious gastronomy, pop culture, peculiar themed cafes, J-pop, spectacular fashion and hometown of Hello Kitty – if you’ve never visited Japan’s capital, you’re in for a real treat!
Here are 7 curiosities and fun facts about Tokyo:
1. Tokyo is made up of 23 city wards.
2. There is no other city on earth that has as many peculiar restaurants and cafes as Tokyo. The Maid and Cat cafes, the Alcatraz bar and the Alice in Wonderland restaurant are just a few places worth seeing.
3. A kimono is made out of 12 different pieces. It’s so complex to put on that many women cannot do it by themselves.
4. After visiting the Sanrio Puroland amusement park and going on the themed shopping excursions,Hello Kitty fans will never want to leave Tokyo!
5. From Tokyo, you can only see Mount Fuji about 80 days a year.
6. There’s more to Japanese cuisine than sushi! Other typical dishes include soba, tempura and kabayaki (steamed eel dipped in soy sauce).
7. Tokyo has more signs than any other city in the world.
Did you find our list interesting? What other fascinating curiosities and facts do you know about this marvelous city?