With lockdown measures slowly easing worldwide, we know you’re keen to get your next holiday booked in the safest way possible. Barcelona experienced one of the strictest lockdown measures in the world during the pandemic and is now enjoying the benefits of doing so. Careful safety measures put in place for locals and tourists, and a low infection rate makes Barcelona one of the safest destinations to visit this summer. Not to mention it’s great fun! Sun, sea, tapas – what more could you want?
How are the hotels in Barcelona keeping you safe?
Here is what you can expect from our hotel partners in Barcelona when you visit:
- The hotel staff will wear masks and gloves at all times and will have some spare in case you need some too when you arrive.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the common areas and the rooms, and guests will be encouraged to use them.
- Stickers on the floor will secure social distancing between guests in line at check-in or areas that could become crowded.
- Perspex screens will be in place at reception desks to avoid contact between yourself and the staff.
- Extra cleaning routines will be implemented, and specialised companies will assist in ensuring the hotel is cleaned to the highest standard.
- Buffet breakfasts are likely to not be available, but hotels will provide room service at no extra cost.
- Hotel staff’s temperature will be checked every day before they start their shift.
- Pool and spa areas will be restricted to a maximum number of people to ensure social distancing guidelines can be met.
Hotels in Barcelona we can vouch for
Choosing the right hotel for you is always important, now more so than ever. Not only do you have to weigh up the price, location, breakfast, shower pressure, bed size… Now you have to also think about the safety and cleanliness of the establishment. Where do you even start? Do you even know how to check if a hotel is adhering to the correct hygiene standards? Luckily for you, we do! We work with a number of hotel partners with whom we can guarantee the utmost standards of safety.
In the heart of Barcelona, the Generator Hostel is a favourite amongst travellers. With both private rooms and dorms, there’s something for everyone. You’ll enjoy the laid-back, friendly vibe of a hostel without having to compromise on the decor.
Among a series of rules put in place to ensure customer safety, the Generator Hostel in Barcelona is also providing additional specialized training to all staff regarding hygiene rules.
With fifteen H10 hotels to choose from in Barcelona, you’re spoilt for choice. The H10 Metropolitan is a breath of fresh air in the heart of the city. You wouldn’t know it’s less than 100m from Plaza Catalunya, one of the main squares in the city. The rooftop terrace with bar and chill-out pool is an oasis of calm in an otherwise bustling city centre.
If you’re a beach goer, you might opt for the H10 Port Vell, conveniently located just in front of Barcelona’s port with an impressive view of the yachts from the pool deck. Just a few minutes walk to the beach.
All H10 Hotels keep the rooms free for 24 hours in between guests to ensure each room is properly cleaned and ventilated before the new guest arrives. They have also implemented a functioning contactless payment system throughout the chain to minimize contacts.
Palladium – Ayre Hotels
A trio of Ayre Hotels are scattered across Barcelona. Our favourite has to be the Ayre Hotel Rosellón, thanks to it’s spectacular terrace with a breathtaking view of the Sagrada Familia. The Palladium Ayre hotels are implementing new safety measures across their hotels, and specifically encourage guests to reserve their stays in advance to avoid overcrowding. Due to the new safety implementations, there is a smaller capacity than normal, so make sure to book your room before they sell out!
The luxurious Melia hotels are always designed to the highest standards, with expertly trained staff and top of the class amenities. Barcelona’s Melia Barcelona Sky hotel is no exception. Located in one of the city’s tallest buildings, the view from the rooms and the panoramic terrace is unparalleled.
Melia Hotels are dedicated to establishing a safe holiday to all their customers. Don’t just take it from us, see what they have to say about it:
If you need some inspiration for your Barcelona getaway, have a look at our favourite 30 things to do in Barcelona, or discover our tips for travelling around Barcelona on a budget.