Istanbul is a portrait, at times a broad, panoramic view and at other times, intimate and personal. One of the most fascinating cities in the world, suspended between east and west, and the only one in the world built upon two continents. Its charm fascinates visitors, leading them to gradually discover its many wonders.
If you plan on visiting soon, take note of these 20 essential activities you have to do while there, all illustrated through the lenses of Instagram.
1. Eat a fish sandwich near the Galata Bridge
2. People watch and make a stop in one of the city’s mosques to meditate
4. Taste the pistachios at the Spice Bazaar in Eminönü
5. Have a drink at a bar with views of the Bosphorus River
6. Sip on mint tea in the Ortaköy neighborhood
7. Get lost in the darkness of the Roman Ruins
8. Drink Efes beers in one of the bohemian cafes in the Beyoglu district
9. Take a tour of the cosmpolitan district of Kadiköy
10. Cruise the Bosphorus River by ferry
11. Watch the sun set from the Galata Bridge
12. Stroll down Istiklal Avenue, the commercial center of Istanbul
13. Eat a Döner Ekmek (kebab), the best can be found in the municipality of Beşiktaş
14. Go to a soccer game between Galatasaray and Fenerbahce
15. Relax in a turkish bath (hamami) in Cagaloglu
16. See a Derviches tourneurs show
17. Listen to the street musicians to feel the rhythms of popular Turkish music
18. Get to know the nightlife of Istanbul in Nevizade or Asmalimescit
19. Eat Turkish sweets (Kazandibi, Lokma, baklava) in one of the many pastry shoppes
20. Watch daily life from the Taksim Plaza
Have you ever been to Istanbul? Tell us what you liked the most. If you have never been, book flights to Istanbul and see it for yourself!