British Airways, the UK’s flag carrier, operates flights internationally to over 160 destinations. Out of these destinations, 10 cities and 10 countries stood out over the past year (2012) for eDreams clients that traveled with British Airways. Keep reading to find out where people are going on BA flights and when they’re going, plus consult all the city destinations British Airways flies to in the top 10 countries and get tips on how to get to and from the airport in the top cities.
Most Popular British Airways Destinations: Countries
UK, USA, and Spain are the most popular countries for British Airways destinations. Consult all the cities in our top 10 destinations that British Airways flies to…
British Airways UK destinations:
Aberdeen, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Isle of Man, Jersey, Kirkwall, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne
British Airways US destinations:
Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Newark, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa, Washington D.C.
British Airways Spain destinations:
Barcelona, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Madrid, Malaga, Menorca, Palma, Tenerife
British Airways France destinations:
Angers, Bordeaux, Chambery, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Paris, Quimper, Toulouse
British Airways Italy destinations:
Bari, Bologna, Catania, Florence, Genoa, Milan, Naples, Pisa, Rome, Turin, Venice, Verona
British Airways Canada destinations:
Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver
British Airways India destinations:
Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai
British Airways Thailand destinations:
British Airways South Africa destinations:
Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth
British Airways China destinations:
Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai
Most Popular British Airways Destinations: Cities
London, New York, and Miami are the most popular cities for British Airways destinations. Out of the top 3 cities, London and New York have various airports that the UK airline flies into. Because one of the most frequent questions has been always “how do I get to the city center from the airport?”, we’ve come up with a mini guide for each of the cities including transportation options and prices to make your travels go as smoothly as possible.
London British Airways airports:
- London Heathrow (LHR) – 23 km west of Central London. To reach the city center take the Heathrow Express, which has nonstop service to and from London’s Paddington station. The journey takes 20 minutes and departs from Heathrow terminals 1, 3, and 5. From Terminal 4 there is a Heathrow Express transfer service available. Price: £34 return trip if bought online, £39 if bought on-board.
- London Gatwick (LGW) – 47.5 km south of London city center. To reach the center take the Gatwick Express train. Price: £34.90 return.
- London City (LCY) – 11 km outside of London city center. To reach the center there is a train station connected to the terminal called London City Airport DLR (Docklands Light Railway) station which connects to the London underground. Price: £4.50 single trip.
New York British Airways airports:
- JFK – 12 miles outside of downtown Manhattan. The free service, AirTrain JFK, connects the airport to the NYC subway and commuter rail systems. The journey combining AirTrain and the subway ($2.50 single trip) takes about 1 hour, while using AirTrain and the Long Island Rail Road takes about 40 minutes.
- Newark (EWR) – Newark is not in the state of New York, but rather in New Jersey, but only 15 miles outside of downtown Manhattan. To go from Newark to the New York City center the best option is by AirTrain, which connects to the New Jersey Transit and Amtrak trains which go into Manhattan’s Penn Station. Price: $11.55 single trip.
Miami British Airways airport:
- Miami (MIA) – To go to downtown Miami take the Metrorail Orange Line train. The journey takes 15 minutes and costs $2. To go to South Beach take the Airport Flyer bus, which comes every 30 minutes and costs $2.35.
Most Popular Months to fly with British Airways
The summer months of July and August are the most popular months to fly with British Airways. It’s no surprise that July and August are the most popular months to fly as tourism is at its peak during this time. The least popular months aren’t surprising either, February and January, the coolest winter months of the year in the Northern Hemisphere.
See the results of our previous studies:
Have you looked for your flight with BA yet? Find the best British Airways flight deals with eDreams.