What to do in New York City? Dieter, one of our travel experts from eDreams, will take you to this amazing city. One of the most exciting metropolises in the world, and no matter what you’re interested in (art, food, fashion, sports, etc.), you’ll find plenty to do and see!
Check out our New York travel guide and plan your next trip to the Big Apple 🍎
Food & drinks: Brunch @ Bagatelle
The Bagatelle is a restaurant located in the Meatpacking District (Address: 1 Little W 12th St), that serves fine French Mediterranean food. You should definitely have brunch here, it’s delicious. They serve a huge range of tasty dishes and have great homemade juices. Just to give you an idea: Avocado Tartine & Poached Eggs, Two-Foot Long Lobster Rolls and Bagatelle XXL Banoffee Pancake with caramelized banana and blueberries… Yummy! On top, the restaurant combines brunch with dancing: The Bagatelle’s brunch parties on Saturdays are legendary in New York!
Once you’re done with brunch and dancing, take the chance and walk around the Meatpacking District in the very west of Manhattan between West Village and Chelsea. You’ll find the begin of the High Lane Park, the Whitney Museum of American Art and many exclusive fashion stores as well as other fancy restaurants, bars and rooftop bars like “Le Bain“.
Music, Arts & Culture: Graffiti & street art
When you’ve already seen many of the more famous sights and museums in New York City, we recommend taking some time to stroll around the city to visit the huge “outdoor gallery” on the streets. For example in Manhattan around Greenwich Village or especially in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, you can find some amazing masterpieces on the walls.
And the best thing: there are no entry-fees, taking pictures is allowed and they’ll definitely look good on your Instagram account 😉
Cool Places: Flea markets
Another great activity in the neighborhood of Williamsburg (and in many other neighborhoods of New York City, too) that actually can be combined with looking for street art is to spend a chilled-out Saturday or Sunday on one of the many flea markets! This is also a good opportunity to meet some locals, and maybe you can find some little treasures among the second-hand goods.
Some of the best flea markets in New York City are:
- Brooklyn Flea: The market is open every Saturday in Williamsburg at Kent Ave. and N. 6th Street (10am-5pm) and every Sunday in DUMBO under the Manhattan Bridge (10am-5pm)
- Grand Bazaar NYC: the market in the Upper West Side is open every Sunday from 10 am to 5:30 pm at 100 W 77th St.,( at Columbus Ave.) Manhattan
- Artists & Fleas: you can find three different Artists & Fleas markets in NYC:
- Artists & Fleas Chelsea – Address: 88 10th Ave. @ W. 15th St. / Opening times: Mon-Sat: 10 am – 9 pm and Sun: 10 am – 8 pm
- Artists & Fleas Soho – Address: 490 Broadway @ Broome St. / Opening times: Mon-Sun: 11 am – 8 pm
- Artists & Fleas Williamsburg – Address: 70 North 7th St. / Opening times: Sat & Sun: 10 am – 7 pm
Another very good reason to visit the flea markets is the tasty and creative street food, that is offered on many of the markets. Try it!
Food & drinks: Rooftop Bars
Do you want to enjoy nice drinks and good food combined with a great view of the city as well as crazy nightlife action? Then you should spend at least one evening or even the whole night in one of the popular rooftop bars in New York!
Besides the Elsewhere Rooftop Bar in 599 Johnson Ave in Brooklyn, that Dieter recommends in his eDreams Travel Guide video, there are many other rooftop bars for you to check out. Here are some of the best:
- The Crown: 50 Bowery, Chinatown, Manhattan
- Sky Room: 330 West 40th St., Midtown Manhattan
- Le Bain: The Standard, High Line, 848 Washington St, Meatpacking District, Manhattan
- Berry Park: 4 Berry Street, Greenpoint, Brooklyn
- Kimoto Rooftop: 216 Duffield Street, Downtown Brooklyn
Useful Tips: How to save money with your hotel booking
Did you know… you can save a lot of money when you are booking your hotel/accommodation with the same provider, where you’ve booked your flights? You can also combine flight + hotel directly when you already know where you want to stay while you’re booking your flights.
Check out our offers for flight + hotel in New York City now: