If you’re flying with Emirates to an exciting destination, keep reading below for all the information about Emirates baggage allowance.
Emirates is the largest airline in the Middle East and is able to operate more than 1,500 flights per week to 155 cities. In 2017, it was crowned as “Best Airline in the World” by TripAdvisor in the Travellers’ Choice Awards.
Hand Luggage Allowance
In Economy class, every Emirates passenger is entitled to carry a cabin bag that doesn’t exceed 7kg, at no extra cost. The maximum dimensions of the Emirates hand luggage allowance is 55cm x 38cm x 20cm.
If you’re travelling in First Class or Business Class, you can carry two pieces of carry-on luggage. Including one piece of luggage that doesn’t exceed 45cm x 35cm x 20cm plus a smaller handbag. Both pieces must not weigh more than 7 kg.
Checked Luggage Allowance
Emirates checked baggage allowance depends on your route and class of travel:
Economy Class: 15 kg
Business Class: 40 kg
First Class: 50 kg
Particularly, each item should not exceed 32 kg and the total dimensions (length + width + height) of each bag must not exceed 300 cm.
As we mentioned previously there are special allowances depending on the route:
- If you’re travelling to and from the Americas or flying from Africa: 1 bag of 23 kg in Economy Class, and 2 bags of 32 kg each in Business or First Class.
- If you’re travelling within the Americas and between the US and Europe: 1 bag of 23 kg in Economy Class, and 2 bags of 32 kg each in Business or First Class.
Special Baggage Allowance
Sports equipment can be transported as checked-in baggage and will count towards your standard allowance if it doesn’t exceed 150cm. Otherwise, you’ll have to pay an additional fee.
Passengers travelling with an infant under two years of age can carry an additional checked-in baggage plus a stroller or carry-cot for free.
Emirates new coronavirus safety precautions for 2020
Emirates have set out new safety measures to keep their customers safe while travelling throughout the coronavirus pandemic. They include:
- A face mask must be worn at all times, including inside the airport and for the duration of the flight.
- Social distancing rules will apply when boarding the plane, and at the airport with protective antimicrobial screens.
- If you’re flying into Dubai, Emirates will provide you with a complimentary travel hygiene kit containing gloves, a face mask, antibacterial wipes and a hand sanitiser.
- Emirates will manage the boarding of the aircraft in smaller groups.
- There will be enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of the aircraft, and the staff wear full PPE.
- Cabin air is constantly cleaned with advanced HEPA air filters.