As you already know: the world is a beautiful place. There are so many exceptional places to visit before you die!
Remember, that often the best surprises lurk in the simple pleasures, so do not always look for the most “popular”, but rather get off the beaten tourist track and really explore!
Here are the 25 most spectacular places to visit before you die. Put them on your travel bucket list, or just enjoy the ride in pictures…
1. Walk along the Great Wall of China
The Great Wall of China is 21 thousand kilometres long, so you might not want to walk it ALL! The most beautiful section of the Great Wall of China to walk is from Jinshanling to Simatai. This walk takes about 3-4 hours.
Find cheap flights to Beijing.
2. Stand on top of Preacher’s Pulpit Preikestolen, Norway
There’s a beautiful, moderately demanding 6km hike to reach the Pulpit rock. For an even more spectacular experience start the hike at night to see the sunrise once you get to the top. The best time to go is during the warmer months of May to October.
Find cheap flights to Oslo.
3. Take the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru
Hike through picturesque ever-changing environments including cloud forest and alpine tundra. The Classic Inca Trail takes 4 days but you can do longer or shorter treks to suit you.
Look for Machu Picchu flights.
4. Wander among the temples at Petra, Jordan
The temples of Petra in Jordan are a must-see place to visit before you die. Discover for yourself why it is one of the New7Wonders of the World.
Check cheap flights to Jordan
5. Take a pilgrimage route along the Camino de Santiago in Spain
Whatever your faith, the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage should be on your travel bucket list. Some set out on the Camino for spiritual reasons; many find spiritual reasons along the way.
See flights to Spain
6. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, Australia
The Great Barrier Reef is the largest living thing on Earth, often visible from outer space!
7. Camp on the Island of Mozambique
Clear white sand and turquoise sea, Mozambique is a destination of dreams.
Book your Mozambique flight
8. See a sunrise on Mount Bromo, Indonesia
You’ll have to get up early to reach the top before sunrise, but trust us – it’s worth it.
9. Feel small before the power of the Iguazu Falls, Argentina-Brazil
The Argentinian side has arguably the best place to see the Falls from – called the Devil’s Throat. Hang over the most powerful section of the Falls for an invigorating experience.
See flights to Argentina, if you dare!
10. Take a walk through the baobab trees in Madagascar
Live out your childhood Lion King fantasies with the fantastic variety of wildlife and nature in Madagascar!
11. Experience the magic of Cappadocia, Turkey
Find your flight to Nevsehir and enjoy the balloons in Cappadocia.
12. Get lost at the temples of Angkor Wat, Cambodia
If you’re a culture buff, Angkor Wat should be at the top of your list of places to see before you die.
13. Visit the Perito Moreno Glacier, Patagonia, Argentina
Purchase your flight to Perito Moreno and explore this huge glacier.
14. Swim in the Verdon Gorge, France
Put Europes most beautiful Canyon on your list of places to see before you die. Come for the striking turquoise water and stay for the fantastic climbing.
Search flights to France
15. Admire the spectacle of the Northern Lights in Scandinavia
A classic winter getaway, the Northern Lights are a truly wonderous sight.
16. Wonder before the mystery of the Great Pyramid of Giza
Explore Cairo and its pyramids.
17. Explore the incredible Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia
The largest salt flat in the world, but the real starts of the show here are the pink flamingos!
Spot a flamingo, book a flight to Bolivia
18. Spend a few days sunbathing in magical Bora Bora, French Polynesia
You know you want to.
19. Immerse yourself in the splendor of nature at the Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
Visit this national park in the Spring for a tranquil time. July and August get very crowded!
20. Go for a swim in the Ik Kil Cenote, Yucatan, Mexico
And hang like tarzan from the vines…
21. Visit the Meenakshi Temple in Madurai, India
See how spirituality, bright colors and extravagant decorations come together.
Purchase your flight to Madurai with eDreams.
22. Float in the beauty of the Dead Sea
The mud of the dead sea is said to have a range of benefits for your skin. Free spa anyone?
23. Stop and admire the Laguna de Los Siete Colores, Bacalar, Mexico
24. Watch the Uluru rocks (Ayers Rock) change color throughout the day, Australia
25. Get a glimpse of the Quilotoa Lagoon, Ecuador
Fly to Ecuador to discover this lagoon.
Which would you like to do out of this list of places to visit before you die? Have you written your own bucket list? Tell us!